How To Set Up A Google Authorship? How To Set Up Without Using Any Plugins Or Scripts, And Works Better With WordPress Sites Or Blogs?
So, let’s start how to set up a Google Authorship? without using any plugins or scripts in word press.
Things Required To Set Up Google Authorship With Your Site Or Blog ?
- first we need to have a Google+ profile with a perfect and clear profile picture.
- A WordPress Website or Blog ?� -� If you Don’t have or Need A New One see here…
- Your Site’s/ Blog’s Sitemap (either using a sitemap plugin or using other ways)
Let’s Start With The Step 1 – Using Google+ Profile
- Open your Google+ profile page.
- now open your about page from your Google+ profile.
- Scroll Down the page unless you see an option on the right – Links.
- Click on the Edit button of the Links Column.
- Choose Contributor to and click on add a custom link.
- Label it with your Site’s Name which needs Google Authorship
- Finally, input the URL of the site there and select save.
Or You Can Achieve Step 1 With A Shortcut, Just Follow The Steps Provided Below
- Click this link: Google Authorship Adding Mail – Address
- Enter your E-mail (the one which you are using for your profile and it would be better if mail is like firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click Sign-Up for Authorship
- Finally, go to your mail account and click “VERIFY”
Now, Step 2: Adding A Google+ Profile URL In To Your Word Press Blog’s Profile.
- Login to your wordpress site.
- on the top-right Side click on Edit my Profile.
- scroll down the profile page unless you see an option Google+
- copy and paste the Google+ Profile Link and Update Profile.
Now, Step 3: Adding A Sitemap To Google Webmaster Tools (See Step By Step Process)
- Create a Sitemap either using plugins or using other online methods.
- Go to Google Webmaster Tools and add your site there (skip this step if you have already added)
- Test Sitemap and it’s Done
Final Step 4: Verify Your Google Plus Authorship Link
- Go to Structured Data Testing Tools (part of Google webmaster tools)
- enter your site’s URL / Link and click over the “PREVIEW” button
- You will get to know about your site’s link either verified or not (it is verified if you can see your google+ profile picture).
Note: there may be a snippets excuse shown there, you can ignore as it will take some time to get started and will be shown in future. also, this authorship procedure may take 24-72 hrs depending on your luck and after that it will be in progress.
>> By following the above method you can set your Google Authorship to your word-press site or blog.
>> See Another way of this procedure simply using a wordpress plugin: Google Plus Authorship
There Are Two Important Things To Remember:
- It may take some time for Google to show your profile photo and rich snippets in search results.
- Google does not guarantee that it will include your profile photo and rich snippets in results.